Remote working is the new norm. It's not just for pandemics. Do you want to avoid a daily commute, reduce stress, achieve work-life balance, spend more time with your family/friends, be more creative and improve your productivity? At RemoteStar, we follow a remote-first work policy. If you're passionate about working from wherever you want, helping leading start-ups and scale-ups, RemoteStar can be a great fit. At RemoteStar we help both employers and employees to build a great remote-team culture, reduce overheads and improve productivity while doing very cool work.
A London based Start-up is building an innovative and disruptive SaaS platform. This is a fully remote role and requires fluency in written and verbal English. You will be reporting directly to the CTO based in Cambridge, UK. As Senior Java Developer, you'll participate in all development aspects of the solution. Your mission will be to drive the progress of the web app and the development team while providing the best user experience imaginable. This is a full-time permanent role for a true self-starter, someone who wants to build something from the beginning.
As our Senior Java Developer you will:
- Experienced in developing backend services in SpringBoot
- Design and implement software to automate, scale and streamline dev operations.
- You will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining large-scale, high availability backend application
- Building back end components, RESTful APIs and microservices,
- Shine with engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
- Write entirely new code and maintain and update existing code
- Ensure development best practices are followed (Clean Code, Clean Architecture, code reviews)
- Advice during the development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Reviewing code and giving concrete feedback to other developers
- Actively communicate with the stakeholders, team members, and clients
What do we value
- Java full stack skills with experience in Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular for FE
- Deep end-to-end architecture and technology experience, including front-end, back-end and databases
- Knowledge and understanding of Spring Data JPA, RESTful web services, Transaction Management, etc.
- Hands on experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Hands-on skills in Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Minimum experience of 2+ years in product/application Software development
- Experience in design and delivery of enterprise applications using open source technologies
- Hands-on skills in design and delivery of applications which are cross platform, cross browser and based on Object oriented design concepts
- Evaluate and communicate technical risk and ensure applications are delivered against a schedule with the highest quality
- Experience in unit testing so that the code delivered is of high quality
- Experience of leading, mentoring technical teams, doing code reviews
- Excellent team player
- Good to have , knowledge in Angular
- Good to have , knowledge of Database versioning using Liquibase
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and experience of working in agile teams.
- Good understanding of engineering best practices, methodologies and mobile development tools.
- Ability to work efficiently - use 3rd party libraries, be able to prioritize tasks based on business requirements / customer priorities
- Good understanding of networking protocols and concepts like REST, HTTP/HTTPS
- CI/CD, Test Driven Development, BDD
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, remote-team environment
- Great English communication skills as well as collaboration skills and a strong teamwork mentality. You must be fluent in English.
- Able to proactively communicate with non-technical stakeholders, manage expectations, and explain the value of addressing technical debt
What do we offer?
- Participate in open, fun, entrepreneurial, and creative company culture and work with unique and innovative clients.
- Be part of a global, distributed organization with international opportunities.
- Work from the location of your choice with remote and flexible working we trust you to work whenever and wherever you feel most productive.
- Competitive compensation.
- Project and feature ownership you get to contribute and own parts of apps and/or products.
- Unlimited annual leave; we do our best work when were feeling refreshed so take the time you need to relax!
- Found a great book, meetup, or conference? We support your continued learning!
- Its important to stay healthy, so we have a wellness benefit towards your total health.
- BYOD You are welcome to work from your own choice of laptop and we will contribute towards that.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying