RemoteStar is a career platform for top talent across the globe. Our mission is to match top talent with great careers. We are an equal opportunity employer who helps in building remote teams with a focus on having the required key capabilities, the right set of people, and a great culture.
- Full-time remote opportunity
- Competitive compensation with exclusive benefits
- Inclusive and a supportive work culture
- Opportunity to work with global companies
- Collaborate with multicultural teams
- Career coaching
- A global community to support and help each other grow
About the Role - Rust Developer
A London-based Start-up is building an innovative and disruptive Blockchain platform, you'll work closely with our clients on their Blockchain projects and deliver increased value to the Blockchain community with our software.
You will be reporting directly to the CTO based in Cambridge, UK. As Senior Rust Developer, you will work with both the internal team and collaborate with open source developers to implement and review feature requests. Also, you'll participate in all development aspects of the solution. This is a full-time permanent role for a true self-starter.
As our Senior Rust Developer, you'll be responsible for
- Demonstrable development track record - active GitHub profiles are great, but we appreciate not everyone gets to work on OSS, so we'll need to understand what you've done previously
- Great communication skills - you need to be happy to collaborate with your peers and speak with our clients
- Used to working in an agile environment - we follow an agile methodology for delivery and use continuous delivery pipelines
- Keen to work with other technologies - although your primary role will entail Java development, you should be just as happy to work with Kotlin and get your hands dirty with deployment pipelines and other challenges that present themselves.
- Self-starter - we're a remote team, so you need to be very comfortable working remotely and getting the most out of collaboration tools such as Zoom, Slack, and Trello.
What do we value?
- 4 + years experience in software development, and a minimum of 2 years experience building projects on a large production scale.
- Experience with Rust, a minimum of 1+ year is a must-have
- Working knowledge of Blockchain technologies & their frameworks is good to have
- Experience with Substrate is an added advantage
- Experience collaborating in an Agile work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and strong cross-cultural communication.
- Experience with, or understanding of CI/CD pipelines (GitLab or GitHub), MQ technology such as Kafka or Redis, AWS and Azure infrastructure services, Docker, Kubernetes is an added advantage
- Willingness to learn new disciplines, problem solver, proactive, and overall well-grounded engineer.
What is on offer?
- Participate in an open, fun, entrepreneurial, and creative company culture
- Global organization and international opportunities
- Work from the location of your choice
- Competitive Salary
- Feature ownership combines data and customer feedback to create meaningful solutions to the everyday problems our users face.
- Unlimited annual leave; we do our best work when we're feeling refreshed so take the time you need to relax!
- Flexible working: we trust you to work whenever and wherever you feel most productive.
- Found a great book, meetup, or conference? Well, pay for the tools and resources to support your continued learning!
- It's important to stay healthy, so well pay for your gym membership or fitness apps.
- BYOD You are welcome to work from your own choice of laptop.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying