JOB DESCRIPTION - PEOPLE & TALENT COORDINATOR
Remote working is the new norm. It’s not just for pandemics. Do you want to avoid a daily commute, reduce stress, achieve work-life balance, spend more time with your family/friends, be more creative and improve your productivity? At RemoteStar, we follow a remote-first work policy. If you’re passionate about working from wherever you want, helping leading start-ups and scale-ups, RemoteStar can be a great fit. At RemoteStar we help both employers and employees to build a great remote-team culture, reduce overheads and improve productivity while doing very cool work.
As our PEOPLE & TALENT COORDINATOR, you’ll be responsible for identifying and hiring top talent to grow our technical engineering team. This person, working with the People & Culture Team, will take our hiring strategies while building a dedicated and successful workforce. Our team embraces proactive and innovative problem-solving, collaboration, and this key role will contribute to this culture while pushing us to do great things.
What You’ll Do
- Provide full life-cycle recruitment support for all active positions, managing on average 5-10 open roles hiring from global, remote locations
- Collaborate with operations and technical leaders to understand technical requirements and establish effective recruiting plan
- Develop and advertise accurate job descriptions to attract a highly qualified candidate pool
- Identify creative and strategic ways to source great people
- Conduct initial screenings and arrange all other screenings, interviews and assessments with managers, clients and more
- Serve as the point of contact throughout the recruiting process for all candidates ensuring a proactive and welcoming engagement and ensure a seamless transition for on-boarding once hired
- Manage the applicant tracking system
- Support social media branding as it relates to recruiting initiatives ensuring employer brand is consistent
- Develop a pipeline of world class candidates for our most common technical hires
- Understand trends and issues in the marketplace to uncover talent that aligns with business needs
- Provide insight to the core team regarding recruitment challenges and market activity in each country of candidates
- Intimately understand and stay current with the recruiting priorities of the business
- Work with Head of People & Culture on employer branding initiatives, adding insight and input
- Support internal and external culture and community building strategies
- Align work and prioritise accordingly with direction from the Head of People & Culture
- Proactively develop your own talent and/or people career with support and enthusiasm from the whole team
What do we value?
- 3-5 years of technical recruiting experience, ideally in high volume, global tech or agency organisations
- Understand how to successfully and respectfully recruit in overseas markets with a focus on Europe, Asia, Americas and Europe
- Experience using various job sites (concurrently) such as LinkedIn, Naukri, ZipRecruiter, Indeed, Glassdoor, etc. and have an interest in always looking for new and effective sources for great talent
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Must have excellent customer service and professional communication skills; and the ability to maintain good working relations with candidates, managers, team members and clients
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Ability to build relationships with others across multiple disciplines and timezones while working remotely
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude and demeanor under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be willing to be flexible at times to accommodate and support various time zones
- Competent in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle periods of increased workload and deadlines, and be flexible, as business needs change
- Strong independent thinker with emotional IQ (EQ) and demonstrated ability to create relationships with new people quickly and easily and manage those relationships effectively over time
- Passion for recruiting and demonstrating curiosity to stay abreast of current trends and best practices
- Strong knowledge of common human resources practices, employment, and immigration laws and/or government compliance regulations as it relates to recruitment and hiring
- Demonstrated knowledge and comfort with technology and social media applications, including Google Suite, Slack and applicant tracking tools
What do we offer?
- Participate in an open, fun, entrepreneurial and creative company culture and work with unique and innovative people
- Be part of a global, distributed organisation with international opportunities
- Work from the location of your choice with remote and flexible working — we trust you to work whenever and wherever you feel most productive
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited annual leave; we do our best work when we’re feeling refreshed so take the time you need to relax!
- Found a great book, meetup or conference? We support your continued learning!
- It’s important to stay healthy, so we have a wellness benefit towards your total health
- BYOD – You are welcome to work from your own choice of laptop and we will contribute towards that
Please send your CV and expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
We are RemoteStar, a team of experienced engineering and people leaders on a mission to transform how we work.
We’re not your typical workplace. At RemoteStar, we believe in data-driven decision making and the importance of flexibility, fun, passion, personal growth, and transparency. And we’re doing everything we can to make sure you’re enjoying every minute you spend with us.
Here at RemoteStar, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.
Additionally, trust and privacy are important to us here at RemoteStar, so we would like to let you know that upon submitting an application, your CV and personal details will be added to our database and may be used to match you to any future, suitable vacancies as they arise. Of course, we will remove your details at any time should you wish us to do so.